Sponsored by Taconic Road Runners club
In cooperation with the Somers Central School District
- The VIP Program is for children who have special needs that prevent them from participating in the mainstream track program. Each athlete is paired with a non-disabled peer buddy to assist them.
- The program will meet Monday and Thursday evenings from 6-7:00 p.m. for 60 minute workouts at Somers High School track, 06/30/14 – 08/07/14.
- Please make every effort to arrive 15 minutes early. (Please note the VIP program is only 60 minutes long).
- Focus on fun, life fitness, running and field events
- Ages 5- 18 welcome – All children under 10 years old must be chaperoned!!!
- Children grouped by age with an NYS certified coach for each group.
- Perfect for the beginners wanting to learn a sport or the experienced athlete looking to increase fitness for any sport.
- Fee is $40 per child. Fee includes one year TRRC membership, t-shirt, program, and picnic.
- Program will be held rain or shine — canceled when lightning/thunder – will be on WHUD radio by 5:00 PM.
Registration is limited to the first 25 applicants – early registration is encouraged.
- Fun competition in summer track and field events is optional (“Summer Twilight Series” – Tuesdays).
- Scholarships available to a graduating High School senior or college undergraduate (2014).
- For VIP Program information contact Andrea Nash (914) 882-3420 or [email protected]
or you can use this form and mail it in.